Thursday, July 05, 2007

I love fireworks, actually, I love just about anything having to do with being festive and spending time with friends and family.

However, I have a special love for the summer and summer festivities. Reson number one, I am out of school - which always puts me in a good mood. Secondly, for years while I was serving as a youth pastor, I spent the 4th of July at Bridgport Camp sitting at Vespers on the top of the hill watching God's amazing firework display. We (the teenagers and I) LOVED it! Such fond memories that brings me back to fireworks. Summer means time to slow down. Soak in some good rays (which have been few due to the massive amounts of water flowing from the sky)...spend time with family....and watch fireworks. . . according to Mandy...enjoy things around you.

If you know me at all, you know I am a sap. I am overly emotional, and by some people's accounts, crazy. However, I simply love life. I want to soak it all in. I want to notice each petal on a flower because God put it there. I want to see the sparkle of love in someone's eyes because God put it there. I want to celebrate each day with gusto because God gave us the day to celebrate. According to some, I love too emotional, and I live frivolously. ANYWAY!!

Now, I don't really know where this post is coming from....but let me tell you. My family thinks I am just plain silly because I have this intense desire to love and and enjoy everything. I don't do it on purpose. It just comes to me....I assume because GOD PUT IT THERE!!!!

which brings us back to fireworks....yes...I know...I am rambling...

anyway...yesterday, J. and I went out to Babe's Chicken in Sanger (which is a whole post all by itself!) to celebrate the 4th. We (actually, I) figured it would take a while to get seated, and then, on our way home, we would be able to drive along and view some fireworks. Romantic, right?

We got there around 7.

Got seated immediately.

Out of there by 8. J. is a very set in his ways kind of guy. So, when dinner is over, you go home.

I am a soaker. I want to take it all in...linger on the way. Just in case....life might happen (or fireworks)!

Home by 8:30.

You guessed it!!! It wasn't even dark yet. SOOOOOO...my perfectly romantic idea of how the evening should play out was dashed by fast service and my over active expectations....

Happy July 4th!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Sister, you should have just loaded up and came out here. I think you guys should start out right now, and you will be here by dinner. Ok, come on!