Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wow! What a weekend!

I pray each of you has had a wonderful weekend so far! I know I have been blessed.

Friday, we were served an amazing dinner by some friends of ours, and it was a blessed time of laughter and enjoying their family. We cherish these times with friends. In fact, that is one of the ways God has blessed us by this house and the move out here. We are surrounded by people that I have only dreamed of having in my marriage. There are open, honest couples all around us that are striving to be holy not happy. WHAT A BLESSING!!!! There is such a difference in my marriage because of the influences that God has placed around us! Thank you to each of you and the blessing that you are to J. and I!

We got up on Saturday, loaded up our grill, and J. cooked about 125 dogs for our church's community gathering. We were surrounded by the amazing people that I mentioned in the paragraph above. So, it was a blessing to serve and to be lifted up.

Then, we went to some dear friend's of ours to pick up a donated refrigerator to take up to my sweet little grandparents. Meme is 85 and Grandaddy is 93. They are so funny. It is quite hard for them to say thank you and enjoy a blessing. So, it is always fun to wow them with a gift like that.

Finally, on our way home from Paris, J and I stopped by my baby brother's house to wish him a Happy Birthday! I love that guy! It always makes me so happy to be in his presence! He and I have such fun when we are together, and his cute little wife, K. is the biggest blessing to our family. She is good to him and our family, and they are too cute together.

Anyway, today is Sunday. J and I are zonked (I can't begin to express how hard that guy worked yesterday), but we are so excited that we have had a full weekend. I am hoping to get some more stamping done this weekend, and I have several projects for Paper Cravings that need my attention before the next week start.

I have to admit this is my favorite kind of weekend. I adore to be surrounded by friends, family and being on the go. It usually wears J. out, but this weekend, he has been right in step with me. I love you, J.

Have a great day! I am going to spend some time with my man!

1 comment:

Amy said...

what about sister? did you not spend some time with her on the phone!?! i see how it is.
love you.