Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A New Look and a Name Change

To say that I love coffee is an understatement. Actually, I adore the stuff. I also adore the places that sell the stuff....especially Starbucks and Sweet Eugene's (in College Station). There is a deep, passionate reason why I love these places.

When I was single and really putting time into my relationship with Jesus, I used to go nightly to a Starbucks in Dallas. *Let me clear up something...what I mean is that I wasn't always putting my heart and soul into my relationship with Jesus while I was single. I have very sad, dark times when I didn't make time for Him. SOOOO, the periods of time that I was in the Word and having daily "dates" with my Savior were precious.

I would arrive bible, latestest book I was studying, and my journal in tow to pick up my cup of java and spend the evening with my savior. I am sure from the outside looking in on my date it was a bit strange. There were times in my study that I would laugh out loud at His irony, or I would tear up at the realizations of my sinful nature. These were treasured moments that tasted as sweet to my heart as they did to my tongue.

Fast forward 6 years and I still have a love for coffee. However, since I have gotten married and can't go out every evening to get away and spend time with Jesus, I have had to be more creative about my date places. I will have to say that usually when I sit down with my bible, my coffee isn't far away. I love the two together. The savory word refreshes my soul all the sweeter when sipping coffee. I have also found that I long for those quiet moments where I had nothing else to do but sit by my Savior and learn about His goodness. In case you couldn't tell, I am quite in love with Him.

Besides changing the design...I have changed the name.....

I am throwing in the towel so to speak. I am tired of living for what might be one day. I want to celebrate what I have and what God has made me to be. I am an aunt of two of the most precious individuals that have ever been born. I want to celebrate that Tucker and Tanner are in my family. I will always have the prayer of children. I have a desire to be a mother and to raise children to love the Savior that blesses me daily. I will also always have the prayer of adoption, but we simply can not afford to do that right now.

SOOOO, for today...

I am...
a princess in God's kingdom
a spot on God's kingdom calendar
a wife to a man who deserves to be cherished
a daughter that needs to appreciate her roots
a sister to two of God most amazing creations
an aunt.. to two little guys that continue to amaze me


wow! what an honor!


I am yours, God...use me today with what you have given me!






2 comments:

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

wow, what an emotional roller coaster you are on. I am so encouraged by your writing and deeply humbled by your attitude.
We all see Him through you!! I am however, believing God that your baby will be here soon. Believe and ask for the impossible. I sure will!!! Love ya sweet friend. Sorry I missed ya'll Tuesday, I will catch up and see you next Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

that is stinkin' awesome! wish i could do as well with all those passages i learned as a kid...i know they're in there somewhere...it's the where that i struggle with~