Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Good-bye's Break My Heart

I feel incredibly selfish, but I hate good-byes.

This summer has been the season of good-byes. I have had to say good-bye to several friends with whom I wish I had made more time to make memories. They have come in and out of my life for just a moment, and I missed it. I was selfish, and for this, ladies, I am so sorry. I missed out on spending time with both of you during this precious season of life. To say that I am sad, truly doesn't express my heart. I am a better person because of knowing you. I see Jesus so much clearer because of the way you step aside and allow Him to shine through your actions as a mother, wife, and friend. I look forward to hearing how God uses you to bless your new communities. You are amazing women, and I miss you!!!

I also have to say good-bye to a lady who has been a part of my life since I was three years old. Tonight, I can not stop the tears again because she took her last breath this morning. She was one of the ladies that was on my list to write letters to. She has always been a creative person who challenged me with her unique ways of making events and days special. She would do the most amazing arrangements in her daughter's bathroom on game days, birthdays, and other special occasions. I was always amazed by the way she could arrange a table to make it shine. Because of her, I had decorations on the tables for my wedding. I needed to say thank you. I needed to take the time to tell her how much I appreciate her uniqueness. I never did that. I needed to let her know that her love for animals challenged me and encouraged me to see the beauty in God's creations. I never did that, either. I never stopped my fast paced life to say thank you. Now, I have to say good-bye. Oh, good-byes break my heart.

Please, if you ever take anything from this blog, please, please take this...tell the people around you how they have touched your heart. It isn't silly or overly emotional. Please let the individuals that God has placed in this season of your life know that you are thankful that they are a part.

There are so many things that I want to say...so many things I SHOULD have said....and tonight...and this week....all I can say is "good-bye".

No comments: