Thursday, August 09, 2007

Nerves

I am a ball of nerves. Our meeting is scheduled for 8:30 tonight. I have been up cleaning, taking pictures of my house, etc since 6:30 am (these are normal times for me to be up by the way)....but guess what time I went to bed.....1:00 am!!! (that is totally not normal since J. and I usually in bed by 8:30 p.m.).

I stayed up last night praying for the birthmom because I was told she is nervous to meet us, praying for the baby, and working on a little album to give to her tonight. We were told that we needed to give her something about us when we leave because she wouldn't remember everything that we said.

I think this is an awesome idea.

So, according to my sister, I need to make an album instead of writing a letter. I am working on it. (thanks, sister!) I will post a picture of it later on this afternoon when I get done tutoring and can get it finished.

Please pray for the birthmom, J., and for myself. We want for this precious lady to see how God is using her to make our family richer and fuller. We pray that she sees this as an answer to our prayers and that God has a special plan for this little person.

Pray also for J. We were talking about boy names last night....he keeps suggesting SVEN! Seriously? Poor kid. If it is a boy, no matter what we name it....we will probably still refer to him as SVEN!

OH MAN WE NEED PRAYERS!!!!!
Have an awesome day!

4 comments:

Kristin Aune said...

Good luck with your meeting tonight. You are in our prayers.

77apronstrings said...

Mandy, you're going to be great! How could she not love you? You are truly a genuine person. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

Jeffie said...

it's 9 o'clock and just read your blog . . . praying for you sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you! I'm dying to know the scoop! And I'm cracking up that you were up so late...you were actually still up when I replied back to you at midnight! I'm proud, very very proud.