Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Celebrations

For the month of August, I am going to focus on celebrations. Little things that God blesses me with that warm my heart.

Today is my nephew's first day at pre-school. Let me just say, the social butterfly of the family is beyond excited about going to see his "friends". What a great example he is of being open to new people. He is already walking in to the building knowing that he will have friends there. Celebration #1 - I am still teachable. I am about to start a new school year, and we are about to be parents. There is so much change going on, but a three year old taught me today that there are friends in every new cituation.

He called me this morning to tell me that he was going. I asked him if he would call me this afternoon and tell me all about it. His reply - I will come to your house and tell you all about it.
Celebration #2- Our home is a place of fun and refuge. My nephew sees coming to Aunt Mandy & Uncle Jason's house as fun. I love it! I have always prayed that I would have a home that others would feel welcomed and enjoy being in.

Thank you, Lord, for today's celebrations! I praise You!!! I am humbled to be surrounded by so many "fabulous treasures". It is amazing to me what you have done in my life. Please be with A. today as she observes and be with Tucker and his new friends. I love you, Lord, and I thank you!

No comments: