Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Creative People

I have always loved to make things, and God has been amazingly faithful to put creative people in my life that challenge and encourage me. I thought today I would showcase some of these precious people.

My aunts are both amazingly creative. They have been a constant blessing of creativity. Honestly, I didn't know that having people around me who are creative was a blessing. But be sure it most certainly is! They make me want to be a better me!! (Hokey, I know, but oh so true!)

One creative soul near and dear to my heart is Sister! I couldn't do life without my sister, and she loves to be creative, too. Even though, she doesn't keep her blog up, *ahem* (clearing my throat), she is amazingly creative. She makes the most amazing crosses, t-shirts, necklaces, blankets made out of children's clothes, etc. She is awesome, and she is my sister. Makes a girl proud I tell ya! ( I will post some pictures of her creations soon...promise!)

Mallory is a friend of mine who is a gifted photographer! She is amazing, and she taught herself. She is one of the most gracious, creative people I have ever met. She sees the beauty in everything, and her passion comes through her photography. However, she is an awesome artist with all mediums. Truly a blessing!




Another friend who always has a smile and a new idea is Shel. (I think it is not a coincidence that she has the same name as one of my Aunts....seriously, God is good!) Shel amazes me. I love going and hanging out with her because I am constantly inspired to go do something creative when I leave her house. She really has a gift of making fun stuff. Check out her blog! She says she isn't a seamstress, but I beg to differ. Just look at these adorable bibs she made! The girl's got it going on!
There are others, seriously, there are so many! I just want to do praise dancing for all of the amazing talent God so graciously gives!

You all rock my socks off!!! I love you!

2 comments:

Laugh Along With Me said...

And there is my fabulously creative card-making paper-crafting stamping friend Mandy who amazes me with the things she comes up with! She inspires me and I LOVE getting together with her to "talk shop" or "talk crafts". Whatever. She has this most amazing craft room! I will be repenting for my envy tonight when I pray. When I am with my friend Mandy, I just get giddy with ideas and excitement and I am so so so glad she is my friend!
Love you girl!

The Aune Family said...

Hey Mandy! I love the bibs...you need to make some. I have a blogspot now but I hardly ever get on it. My plan was to blog about soccer but it has been such a hard season. I think some of it is better left unsaid. Hope everything is going great for Nabors and you!