Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Comforter

I am about to make a huge confession! I absolutely LOVE for my comforter to lay on my bed perfectly straight. However, it makes me even happier to have my comforter's stitching to run in a straight line up my legs when I cover up at night. Yes, I do believe this is one of my touches of OCD. Jason thinks I am absolutely crazy! However, I can't help it. I get such joy out of laying down, pulling up the covers, and feeling them perfectly stretched down my body - running from my neck to my toes. In fact, it makes me giggle with glee! It is cracking me up to sit here and devulge this information to you.

The reason I am letting you into my world is that I was sitting in church today and I realized that my Comforter delights just as much as I do when I stop and spend time with him. When my life is focused and I am running towards holiness, He is delighted. He probably giggles the way I do when I get into bed.

My love for my denim comforter being perfectly matched with my body doesn't begin to compare to my Savior's joy in being my true Comforter. Trust me, I am in a season of needing comforting, and it is my delight to be in His presence during this season of our family's life.